Wednesday, March 07, 2007

happy hump day!

So good news about my coworker, Wendy...her surgery went good, she is off her ventilator and she should be up and walking around perhaps as soon as tomorrow. So anyone that wants to send good thoughts Wendy's way, that would be nice...Thankfully they also got a temp in to help do her job...since Wendy and one other guy are our only skip tracers, they are, and this is putting in lightly, unbelievably overwhelmed.
Today I have to drive into Menomonee Falls to get the girls, here is hoping they took a nap today. Tonight I am at a loss for dinner. Last night we made do with random left overs, which seemed to work OK...tonight I may hit the store after work and get some Tilapia and make baked fish packets..But thats only if I feel really inspired...it may end up a Spagetti O's + more random left overs night...you just never know.
Watched Gilmore Girls (and I think by now I'm just watching because I have been doing that for 8 yrs) and House. House just kicked ass...Besides the fact that I have a jones for Hugh Laurie and a fundemental dislike of Dave Matthews...that all canceled itself out as it was just a wonderfully written episode. I can't believe they pull it for American Freaking Idol. I also caught that show last night, man do those guys suck.
I have been watching faithfully my Nero Wolfe episodes while here at work...its unreal how easy it is to work and watch TV at the same time. I feel I perfected this art while working at home for GE...man do I miss working from home. I do have nice fresh daffodils on my desk thanks to some cancer fundraiser or something, so thats a plus...except they don't smell especially good, but the yellow has been cheering me up so I can state that I am a happier person today than I was yesterday, thats something I guess.


I'm trying to make Andrea a mix CD she asked for...but I said I was in a sad/mellow music mode and didnt want to bring her down (man). But since she gave the OK I have been realizing that even though I have 5000 songs on the ipod, i'd say 4500 of them are depressing with only 250 happy songs and the rest is just kids music. No wonder I am in a shit mood if all I listen to is depressing crap. I keep looking around for my notebook filled with Eddie Vedder poetry in my tastefully distressed backpack...Hopefully I can find 18 songs and put them on CD before I see her tomorrow for sushi. (which no matter how good it is, won't be as amazing as Nobu or Morrimoto's)
Hi to Ryan...sorry I havent talked with you much this week....hope work has been bearable.

Mail me!