Tuesday, March 06, 2007

crabtackular day

So last night I had one of those eff'd up dreams where you dream about someone you havent seen in years and you wake up really disturbed for dreaming about them in the first place. In this case it was a former friend who I dont think I have spoken to in over 5 years or so. It was disturbing becase he was so very pissed off at me in the dream and I remember being really afraid for myself in the dream and waking up all disoriented. Bah, its going to screw with my whole day.
On an even more disturbing note, a girl I work with (and like a lot) was rushed to the hospital Monday. She tore her aorta (!) and was in emergency surgery for 8 1/2 hours and then knocked out for 12 hours....we have not heard yet if she is doing ok (although we know she is still alive) or what the prognosis is. Its unbelieveable! I guess her mother told Sally that this happening is one of those things where if she had waited another hour or two to get to the hospital she would have dropped dead. That is just unreal. This brings up my other coworker who was out of work for 3 weeks because she bruised her leg and it hurt. I am not making this up. I got to see said bruise yesterday and although I didnt say anything to her face, I thought to myself, I have worse bruises on my body NOW from living daily life and having really thin blood and being really accident prone. Hell, the bruise I had on my leg from dropping the case of water on it was worse than what this person has now (my leg still hurts a month and a half later from that one). Now I came to work and sat on my ass doing my job with my boo-boo leg, somehow coworker of the year couldnt come to work (but god knows she could go to the bar every night for 6+ hours and drink...and go to concerts....and parties...) because her leg hurt. It boggles the mind. What boggles it even more, she came back after 3 weeks of being off WITH NO DOCTORS EXCUSE! Can you believe that? Does it cause you to see fractals and dots before your eyes? I certainly feel like I must be trippin on LSD. My god. (and of course she is running "late" this morning and called in to let us know that....thanks.)
Since I seem to be on a pissy rant, inaction and passing the buck-isms are also driving me up crazy creek this past week or so. It boggles my mind how many people try to pass the responsibility for decisions off to someone else so that they dont have to own up to anything. It's beyond frustrating when you have a person or a group that just wants to sit on their hands and look at you with that nice open and vague expression waiting for you to say "yes, I think you should wear the red dress...mmm hmnm, fantastic choice." Then 10 minutes later you get reamed out because "wasnt it obvious to you that the blue dress was the right answer?" well what the frak? If you knew the answer, why didnt you just do it yourself and not involve me in your process. Or what is even better is when you have two people playing off of you to get the other person to budge. "Oh well Mary said that we should just delete all those codes." then "Well didnt you say we should do that? I mean, it was obvious to me that deleting those was a really bad idea, but....since you said we should..." Christ, I could just pound my head into the sand...You either have to listen to someones idea or someones advise and let the chips fall where they may, or you have to shit or get off the pot and make your own decision-then freaking tell me what you decided. It would be nice if, somedays, the whole world could grow up and act their ages for once.

Mail me!