Tuesday, December 31, 2002
I am about to eat free chineese for lunch!
Monday, December 30, 2002
PUT IN AN OFFER ON THE HOUSE, YOU CAN SEE IT AT GONEHOME.COM SEARCH FOR CRESTWOOD HOUSE!!
LISTENING TO RASPUTINA, SIGH...LOVE THEM. ROSEK IS MY MOST FAVORITE SONG OF THIS ALBUM " HOW WE QUIT THE FOREST."
BACK TO THE GRIND!
Friday, December 27, 2002
Married to my pal, worked, tripped to many places, saw the pedens (yea!). Excited for next year-new house.
thats 19, best I can do!
Thursday, December 26, 2002
Wednesday, December 25, 2002
Monday, December 23, 2002
Thursday, December 19, 2002
Wednesday, December 18, 2002
Today I am going to see LOTR: The Two Towers with everyone. Matt said Rockwell bought 100 tickets so I guess most of Rockwell will be there as well! I am leaving work at 3pm, heading to Oscars for a "early" dinner (or 2nd breakfast) and then to West Towne Ultrascreen to sit in line. I have a book, a crossword, and my cross sitch, also brought jeans and a sweater to change into so I am set. From what I have seen this movie is super cool.
Pretty rainy and yucky today. They better not have people waiting outside for the movie, there will be riots!!
Tuesday, December 17, 2002
Today I got a 100.00 Amazon.com giftcertificate! This is so cool! I had chineese at Ching-Hwa with Alan (10.00 for the both of us, Quick and cheep!) and Dale is getting an X-Ray tonight! Fun!
Monday, December 16, 2002
Saturday we went to Madison to visit Robin! Ate lunch at Pedros (pedros pedros making Mex-ee-can!), went shopping for used books at The Frugal Muse bought the xmas gift for my in-laws, went home.....Mark and Muench came over and we had dinner (thanks to Harry and Davids for the ham) and played Munchkin Munchkin till the wee hours.
Gaming at Jeffs sunday and I lost in the playoffs to LeMarbre.
Thursday, December 12, 2002
The disease is not getting better for either Baumer. Dale was dizzy and sick in the shower this morning, Mary is coughing and sneezing up a lung over here! I am really tired although I got alot of sleep last night...maybe sleeping with my cat is making me sleepier. She certainly seems to love to sleep with us!
I'm going to take my lunch break....Have a nice day everybody!
Wednesday, December 11, 2002
Tuesday, December 10, 2002
Sunday, December 08, 2002
Dale won on Friday, I took fellowship on Saturday AM, Dale took 2nd (another LE) on saturday afternoon and was creamed on Sat Nite at AGP. They (Jeff, Gary and Dale) went to The HOG and had drinks. We were supposed to see Robin Sunday but we didnt play anymore and both of us are sick :(
I need sleep. I won my fantasy game. The packers are down by 2.
Saturday, December 07, 2002
Thursday, December 05, 2002
I have the whole night to myself tomorrow, I am planning on seeing a show...Anyone want to come with me?
Wednesday, December 04, 2002
Monday, December 02, 2002
Thursday, November 28, 2002
Last day in Texas. Got up, watched football, went to Joanne's house for Thanksgiving. They have a great tradition of signing the tablecloth at dinners and then Joanne embroiders the signatures! So cool. Flying tomorrow, I am so excited to be going home even though I have had a wonderful time!
Today Dan and I kept it on the DL. Dan worked this AM, Dylan and I played computer games and chilled. Dan, Lizzie and I went to "Quicksands" for lunch (different),went to Berings for coffee and hammers, then the three of us went to the Spurs vs. Nuggets (a slaughter). Visted Dylan at Stonewerks (packed with a good rock-a-billy band) and went home for more AOE 2. Off to bed and to read my new Enders Game Book (thanks Dan!).
Finished American Psyco last night. That is one twisted ass book~
Tuesday, November 26, 2002
Monday, November 25, 2002
Going to Austin tomorrow!
Tonight we go out to dinner with everyone (either Sushi or Italian) for my birthday and tomorrow Dylan and I drive to Austin to see the clocktower and the campus.
I am pretty much ready to go home, I miss my cat.
Sunday, November 24, 2002
Went to a play with Art and Paula this afternoon called "Last Train to Nabloc" which was good. Even better because I had breakfast with the actors and the director. I plan on watching football tonight. Jeff is winning by 5 points Fuck Fuck Fuck
A breakfast taco (for those not in the know) is basically a gordita bread thing with eggs and meat and I think maybe some onion? All wrapped up and eaten with hot sauce. It was tasty.
Dylan and I then decided to go to Sea World as Fiesta Texas (which is Great America only in Texas) was closed for the season. (even though it was 75 degrees today?!) The 410 highway was moving as fast as the cars in the REM “Everybody Hurts” video (which is to say not at all) so it took us like 600 hours to get there.
We saw three shows, a Dolphin/Manatee/Diving Humans show (rad), a Sea Lion/Walrus/Otter show (very rad), and (of course) the Shamu The Killer Whale (read: Asshole of the Ocean) show.
Dylan was picked beforehand to be the volunteer in the show and he actually got this || close to the whale (I have this on video) and he got SOAKED!! It was very cool. We also went on the 2 roller coasters there, very cool.
Then we went home, had dinner (which Dylan made-yum) and then decided to go out for Saturday night.
We first went to Broadway Bar (nice, had a bunch of leather chairs and a big screen) played darts with Jason and Lesley (Dylans coworkers), got some free Schmirnoff Swag and then decided to hit the Riverwalk and go to Howl at the Moon which is a rowdy Piano Bar Howl at the Moon
This place was nuts, NVTS Nuts. Dylan and co. closed the place and we went home. Dylan and I stayed up till like 4:30am talking about um, stuff. It was also my birthday at midnight so Dylan bought me a shot.
Today I had brunch with Art, Paula and three actor friends of theirs. I am going to a play with Art and Paula that the actors are in this afternoon. Happy Birthday to me, more later.
Saturday, November 23, 2002
We then went to some gaming store so dan could buy Space Munchkin Check out Steve Jackson Gamesand some other game....Went back to Casa de Peden to play it, cool as hell. We then went with Paula to the new SBC center in San Antonio SPURSto watch the Spurs beat the Grizzlies. Had super great seats (Thanks to Univision 41 and Paula!)
After the game Dan and I went to see Dylan where he works Stonewerks caffe and Bar ate some Nachos and Mozz sticks, drank a nice Gray Goose and it was all compped (thanks Dylan and his boss!) went home and here I am.
Dylan gets off at 3am, we might go to either Austin or Fiesta Texas tomorrow. No idea which. I am off to bed, Love you dale.
Friday, November 22, 2002
I woke up at 10 am today and had salad for breakfast and talked with Art about The Alamo and his play and their cool house. Dylan did not come home last night as his girlfriend shipped (flew?) out for some place in Europe today (err yesterday)
Today Dan and I went out to lunch with his mom Paula and dad, Art. We went to Metropolitan (psudo french) outside in a shopping area in what used to be a Quary. I had Pumpkin soup (laura would have loved it! and this samich thingy which I picked at. We also saw the San Antonio Univision station where Paula works. We drove in an area of the city with these HUGE old houses (very New Orleans feel, one had a TOWER dale!) and then we went shopping in a artist area next to the Alamo. I bought a picture and talked with a potter about her craft. Saw the business cat, it looked like Zazi. Then we went to the Alamo. The Alamo is one big room, you cant take pictures inside, you cant wear your hat, you cant touch the walls. There is no basement of the Alamo.
Then we walked along the Riverwalk and into a Mall. It was a mall and it was loud.
That brings us up to 4 pm when my feet hurt and I got crabby and we walked back to the car. Went home-rested-played AOE 2. Met Tim, Tim is cool. Ate pizza, pizza is good.
Tonight went to a bar in a mall (much like La Tigre) listened to a bunch of people play Irish music, then Dan's friend Vanessa (her dad is the Mexican Consulate to the USA and she is from Equidor (she has Diplomatic plates which allow her to run over old ladies with impunity) and her friends Josh and someone else showed up. I ripped on them all night and they didnt get it, very sad.
Came back here at like i dunno, midnight and played endless games of Munchkin which I must buy. It is now like 3:30am and so I should sleep. No plans as yet for tomorrow.
Thursday, November 21, 2002
Monday, November 18, 2002
Sunday, November 17, 2002
Many congrats go out to Matt as he is getting married to Pat. No more news other than I lost at Fantasy Football.
Friday, November 15, 2002
Sunday is gaming at Jeff's where luck willing Jeff will throw another Green Dragon at us (cause you know we love those!) -**mary
Tuesday, November 12, 2002
I watched some of "The Professional" on the plane ride here. That is one of Dale's Holy Trinity of movies. Good plane fare.
Only 8 days till TEXAS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!, so excited I could freak! Here I come Dylan and Dan!
Court hearing tomorrow early, then another car ride back to the airport, hop the plane, get into Milw before rush hour and go home. OH! The OT that i will clock this week!!
Sunday, November 10, 2002
Friday, November 08, 2002
I'm planning on having some "me" time this Friday night. Dale is going down to play Robots at Napoleon's and Mary plans on doing the following:
1.Returning overdue movies to blockbuster (paying fine)
2. Going to see Sweet Home Alabama
3. Going to Target to buy a Christmas Tree (or if all else fails going to Walmart to buy said tree)
4. Putting up said tree
5. Keeping cat away from the aforementioned tree
6. Finishing Robin's Xmas Present
7. Cleaning stuff (like kitchen and toilets and floors and dusting)
My one best buddy is away from work today which will make the day LONGGGG and painful. Fridays at work are always LONGGG and painful since no one else in the business world seems to want to do anything either.
Wednesday, November 06, 2002
These endless lunches out are killing me, food is no longer tasty and delish when I go out, its simply a chore. And that is sad.
on the good side I get to see my dad for the first time in like 3 weeks, thats always a bonus mouse.
Back to the grind!
Monday, November 04, 2002
I plan on posting pictures as often as I can (and as often as space allows) to share them. With my digital camera its too tempting to take 1000s of pictures.
any pictures you would want to see? Email me!
Sunday, November 03, 2002
This has been a busy one for the Baumer Family. We had dinner out on Friday Night with Mark @ Oakland Tratoria (very yummy bread) after MechWarrior (Dale took 3rd, Mark took 1st), had dinner out last night (and lunch too! WTF?) with Mark S and Mikey at "The Pub" in Oconomowoc (very tasty steak) and today we are heading over to Jeff and Kristy's house to RP and eat pizza (maybe)?
I am trying to get over this cold I seemed to have picked up (again) and also working on making a Rooster in Cross Stitch for *someone* for christmas...
Yesterday Dale and I did some clothes shopping for Dale. He got a bunch of new sweaters and pants and shirts and underwears. I also got new underwears. I would have gotten new pants but the line at Lane Bryant was fucking stupid. I stood in it for 25 min, 7 people in front of me and 10 behind and it didnt move once. I didnt need those pants that bad.
Friday, November 01, 2002
51. I like honey in my tea.
52. I dont vote Republican
53. I have never been to New Hampshire
54. I can name all the states in the USA in alphabetical order
55. I am easily frustrated when stuff does'nt work
56. I do not like Microwave popcorn
57. I am in 1st place in both my fantasy football leagues this year (knock wood).
58. I shut my finger in my dad's car door in the 4th grade and passed out from the blood loss
59. I love throwing bowls and pots on the wheel, ceramics is my thing.
60. I can center 5 lbs of clay to make a pot (a pretty big deal!)
61. I have a friend who is running in the NYC Marathon on Sunday-Go Craig!
62. I hate microwave popcorn
63. I have a lousy shortterm memory.
64. My favorite Tom Hanks movie is "Joe vs. The Volcano
65.My work has paid to send me on Trips to New York City and Pitsburgh, PA. They will also have to pay to send me to Florida, Philly and Michigan later this year!
66. I have testified in court.
67. I have only gotten one speeding ticket in my life.
68. I do not own a garlic press (much as I need one!)
69. I have a mailing list for my favorite band "The Gufs" which has over 10,000 people on it.
70. My favorite Iron Chef is Chen Kenichi
71. I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I am.
72. My dad knows how to braid hair & cook!
73. My family lives next door to an ex-governor of Wisconsin
74. I know Ron Dayne personally, he once bought (ie: got for free) me a pair of birkenstocks.
75. I am always sick
only 25 more to go whoo hoo!
Today will suck at work. Today is report day. I hate report day. Report day always provides me with at least one headache and 4-5 papercuts. last night dale and I went out to dinner with my in-laws to the Water Street Brewery in Delefield, WI Waterstreetbrewery Usually I enjoy eating there (they have fab homemade rootbeer) last night my meal was just, blah. It was a blackened chicken taco salad and for some reason, it just wasnt appitizing. I'm glad we ordered the 'bloomin' onion as an appitizer.
I think I am not enjoying the eating out thing because I eat out so much that all the menu items just kind of look the same and seem to blend into one another....
Today is "treat day" at work and the treats arent here yet..Hunger calls I need to go scrounge up breakfast.
Thursday, October 31, 2002
ALL ABOUT THE BAUMER
1. I am 25 years old.
2. I am married.
3. Iam allergic to cats and pennicilin
4. I own a cat, her name is zazi
5. My favorite book is "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving
6. One of my favorite directors is Wes Anderson (he did Rushmore & The Royal Tennenbaums)
7. My dad is a music teacher
8. My mom has worked for the same company for over 30 years.
9. I sue people for a living
10. I am one of 4 "Marys" at my workplace
11. I drive a black truck, I used to drive a black Jetta
12. I workout at the gym 3-4 times a week
13. My favorite video game is Final Fantasy
14. My all time favorite CD is the foo fighers "the color and the shape"
15. My favorite Beatle is Ringo
16. My favorite movie of all time is "all about eve."
17. The best season of the year is Fall
18. If I could live anywhere in Wisconsin I would live in Appleton
19. The worlds best store ever is Pottery Barn
20. I use a fountain pen
21. I still wear swatches
22. I already know the names of the children I plan to have with my husband.
23. I use far too much chapstick
24. I love to take pictures with my digital camera
25. I went to Alaska for my honeymoon
26. I was married on a holiday, Groundhog Day
27. The friend that lives the farthest away from me is Mike-Wakayama, Japan
28. The friend that lives closest to me lives in my house, Dale.
29. I have never broken a bone
30. I still have my appendix
31. My favorite website is half.com
32. My favorite color is Purple
33. I have never been out of the county
34. I don't like Seinfeld
35. The Simpsons is the best show on TV now
36. My favorite shows are "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "Angel", & "Gilmore Girls."
37. The best TV shows of all time are "Twin Peaks" and "The Muppet Show."
38. I have seen Barry Manilow in Concert
39. I have seen Arrowsmith in concert with Jackyl (16th row center!)
40. I don't know what my natural hair color is
41. I don't take out the garbage in our house.
42. I just started doing cross stich and have been making gifts for my family and friends.
43. I hang up on telemarketers
44. I have 3 email accounts
45. I have a list of every book I have read (title, author, and number of pages) for the past 5 years, my father has a list from the past 30+ years.
46. I spend too much money every month on books.
47.I have 9 piercings
48. My eyes are hazel and they turn kermit the frog green when I cry or am allergic to something.
49. I eat meat, I won't eat veal or shellfish or crab.
50. My favorite restaurant is Jalisco's, I order the same dish every time I go there. I have ordered the same dish everytime for the past 7 years.
Thats enough for today (as my break is over) look for 50 more in the future.
It could be worse I guess, I could be out of work.
I had a lousy night last night. I had to write the worlds longest email to someone and it was one of those painful emails to write. "dear john" letters are easier than that was. That has left me in a pretty glum and grim mood-great way to start Halloween
I plan on doing the 100days 100 blogs thingy, where you list 100 things about yourself. I was thinking of 100 things last night in bed, it put me right to sleep, better than counting sheep. My quandry is, does that mean I am boring?
Wednesday, October 30, 2002
For those friends NOT in the know, MechWarrior is basically a bunch of little robots and infantrymen and tanks and stuff on a 36 x 36 board running around shooting at each other (as you can imagine I am the only girl who plays-although there is another wife who played last week at a different event) and trying to win prizes (other robots and tanks or whatever). Dale is pretty good (he is ranked in the world-checkout www.wizkidsgames.com and search for Dalemite!) and I am less than that, but it beats sitting around at home on Friday nite-plus its nice to hang with Muench, Jeff, Mikey and co...
Anywho..Its getting close to my vacation time from work (as in 21 days and counting!) and I am off to San Antonio, TX to visit Dylan & Dan Peden WHOOO HOO!!! I have been told by numerous people I need to check out the Riverwalk when I am down there. Dylan tells me I need to pee on the Alamo (didnt Ozzy do that?) which I feel might be a wee bit impossible. I'm not planning on renting a car (although I might do that for 1 or 2 days just to tool around) so I am at the mercy of the boys. I think that they have a pool so I expect to be sitting in front of it reading in the sun as much as I can, I think I might need an extra suitcase just for books. If anyone has any other ideas for stuff I need to visit while in San Antonio email me at home email@example.com.
The break is almost over, I'm debating on if I want to pay 15.00$ a year to be able to post pictures here (I guess the answer would be yes, but I would have to make sure people actually visited the page before I spend $ to post a bunch of snaps!
See everyone later!