Wednesday, November 17, 2004

So yesterday at 3:30 daycare calls regarding Malinda, she woke up with a fever of 103.5 "just wanted to let you know." So I call Toni and ask her if she can come over and help me with the girls. Call the dr. and see if I need to bring her in (no). I grab the girls from daycare, get a kids meal from Wendy's and rush home. Malinda has a fever of 103.6 and so we dose her up with tylenol or whatever, she eats fine and drinks A LOT and is generally really clingy and sleepy.

At about 5:30 she just grabbed a blanket and lay on the floor. I gave up and put her to bed...she just went to sleep without a peep. Mya went down about an hour later.

At about 9:45 I went in to check on Malinda and she's WAY warm so I tell Dale we really need to wake her up and dose her again and get her to drink some pedialyte. She has a 101.8 fever so we dose her and she drinks like 8 oz of pedialyte and juice (wow). We put her back down and she woke up at 2am back up to 103....so another 10 oz of pedialyte and more drugs later she went back to bed till 5:30 and was at 98.6 this morning...I gave her more drugs (just in case) and packed her off to daycare.

The end result of this tale is that I havent showered in 3 days, I havent slept at all, I didn't eat much and my back is killing me. Toni has both girls tonight and I'm hoping that they have a good day at daycare-no more mysterious 12 hour fevers!

Tonight I plan on a major house cleaning...I have the x-mas tree up so I want to clear away all the empty boxes and whatnot...vac, clean kitchen, do laundry....etc...

Also congrats to Renee who bought a house with Lucas, Mark who moved into a new place in Bayview, and Laura for surviving another week with GWB. :)
Mail me!