Wednesday, June 27, 2007

irritated into the mean reds...



today i found i was infiately more irritated with fellow employees that perhaps i had a right to be.

maybe its because I'm sick, maybe its because its extra hot (87 at 10:30 am) i dunno...

I had a situation where someone (we shall refer to him as T) decided to do my job for me without letting me know, or asking my imput, just decided to make an arbitrary decision (which was wrong) and go on their merry way.

2 months later my client calls sort of upset....umm why did you do this? me? Ive never even seen this file before? oh, well you guys did XXXXX and therefore now you need to call person X, explain, get XXXX back and then send the XXXXX. okay?

me after hanging up email boss and T, yes since you decided to do what you did, you fucking fix it, not my f up.

You know most people dont even want to do their own jobs, but around here it KILLS me how many people want to do mine for me when they cant even get their job done. My job exists to make peoples lives easier around the firm, I guess everyone wants to make their lives harder by doing my job for me.

Also, "Ugly Betty" had some medical (very minor, random, outpatient-y stuff) done last week...had to stay out all week to recover (air quotes) and now this week is MILKING her (air quotes) recovery for all its worth. CantStopCarrie had this same thing done last year...went in on friday came back to work monday, said there is no way in hell that after 10 days she would have any problems...call your mama honey cause we are full out of giving a fuck here at my desk.

....

Watching at work this week, the DVD set of Firefly....what a good show, how sad Fox Canceled it too soon.... I also have The Little Foxes and The Illusionist...if I get to that point....

Listening, Im in the (slow) process of recreating the bext mix tape I ever owned. I am still searching for about 4 songs left to complete the track listing, the problem is that those 4 are EXTREMELY hard to locate 2 of which I doubt are even on CD... They arent on Itunes and not on Limewire....one of them it turns out was on a album from the morning guys at K-rock about 8 yrs ago, If I want that one song its like 7 bucks to buy the cd used on Amazon.com, which is more than i want to pay for one 1:43 song....

Reading: I just finished "It Aint All ABout the Cooking" by Paula Deen ('MoTom gave it to me, I think so I would cook him some southern food) which was OK..Im not big on Autobiographies...I finished a quickie book by Janet Evanovich and I have The Children of Hurin left to start.

Watching: TV this week, not much....summer TV is shit






Mail me!