Tuesday, May 03, 2005

many things, most of them bad.

Well we say goodbye to The Reynolds' as they begin to start the process of moving to KY for new work/life opportunities. After talking with them last night I realized how totally brave this is as if WE had to move 8 hours away from here (in either direction) we would be giving up the following:

Grandmas' daycare, the kids interacting with their grandparents weekly, having the girls see Uncle Matt 2x a week, seeing Auntie Robin and Uncle Jason off and on, all their friends at daycare, our Pediatrician, MY dr. (who when he does retire I will have a nervous breakdown), leaving all our friends and family behind and having NOONE to offer any support or relief when we need a break from the kids (and vice versa), leaving my twins club, missing swimming at daycare, Fred fixing whatever broke TODAY on the house, and I would assume after a month or so of the above, Dale & I would be headed for a quick divorce due to no adult outlets and no family around to take the kids for an hour or so so we can just breathe.

That being said....The Reynolds' only have one kiddie (and a cutie she is too!) and its prob. much easier to get a break with just one little pooper running around....Still, I think they are super brave for heading off into the great unknown....er...Kentucky.

More bad news is we seem to have water damage in the 2nd floor downstairs. I was vac. the corners sunday night and the hose went through the wall...I guess the pipe outside for the water spigot may have leaked into the walls...Fred is coming out this week to assess. I may have to call Dave (our plumber) to fix the leak and then Dale and Fred will have to rip out the rotted drywall/floor runner and fix.

Im already weeping at the thought or more drywalling going on in my house.

That being said....this will be a nice financial drain I wasnt expecting (dave's a master plumber and he dont come cheep) so that may effect other things we needed to do later on...