Monday, February 06, 2006

The worst Superbowl Ever & My unexpected windfall

We watched the 1st half of the superbowl. The kids were out of control and we put them down…I watched possibly 30 seconds of the Rolling Stones, puked from its horrible badness and channel surfed till Dale came back downstairs. I said, “so what do you think so far?” Dale-“pretty boring.” So we ended up not watching the 2nd half and playing Diablo II till bedtime-nice huh?

Anyways…to backtrack this weekend…Sunday afternoon we took the kids to Wendy’s for lunch (they ate well), to my mom’s for a break and to say hi. Saturday we took the kids to Betty Brinn for a puppet show. Got there and learned that was canceled. OK, they had some Milwaukee Young Adult Theatre company doing a few numbers from CATS..

The kids were a bit interested in the people (Malinda kept saying “they have tails!”) and Owen thought it was neat. After this we went down to the Kids room…All of a sudden my neck really started to hurt-BAD! I was a bit surprised as it A: came on all of the sudden and B: I hadn’t done anything to make it hurt?!

I told Dale we had to go home, I was feeling really badly and was starting to get the migraine symptoms (w/out a migraine). We went to Toni and Fred’s for lunch and I could barely move my neck….

Got home with the kids, called the Dr. (my protime-v.g.) and he said I am allowed Asprin! HOORAY! A gift from the gods! (an aside, due to the DVT and my blood condition I am not allowed: Asprin, Aleve, Advil, Motrin or anything else that could possibly make me feel better-I am allowed any sort of hard-habit forming drugs, such as vicodin..odd?)

Took two asprin, took 2 vicodin and iced my neck…after passing out for a 45 period, I felt a bit better…and went to clean the kitchen (I get sick-I clean). Saturday night played Diablo II with Dale-it only seems to not hurt my neck when I’m sitting straight up….?

It was impossible to get up today and yesterday too…I have no idea how I managed to turn my head to drive…I think I’m a danger to everyone!

We also made brats yesterday…problematic was that the grill wouldn’t light? So I cooked the brats in beer and allspice for 3-4 hours in the slowcooker and ended up broiling them in the oven, actually didn’t turn out ½ bad!

Anyways, my new windfall. At work we had this contest with a client to win their “superbowl” (by collecting money etc..). Our firm won and sent a coworker and her husband to the superbowl. The firm (here) is paying each collector $1500.00 as a bonus (tax free in 2 $750.00 prepaid credit cards). So I have been sitting around debating how to spend the money. I figure there are two ways I could go: Paying/buying something I need/should pay, or buying something I want to. So here are the options:

STUFF I SHOULD BE/NEED TO PAY FOR/OFF-

I could put the $1500.00 towards our equity line (paying off the new A/C) this would drop it down to around $2,500.00 owed on the line….

+’s, get the balance down, reduce debt (not that we have much), feel better if we decide to remodel anything else again and have to draw off the line. –‘s, right now its interest only and I am already paying off way more than I need to per month anyways…this isn’t URGENT or anything.

We could also use the money to pay off the car payment left on my car…

+’s –reduce debt (once again, besides the house this is our only debt). –‘s : we only have 6 payments left (around 1200.00) and this is a really low interest rate, we’re current and the payments are $213.00 a month…its not a big hit every month…

Pay daycare. This would pay about 2 ½ weeks of daycare. +’s, it pays 2 ½ weeks of daycare. –‘s paying daycare is not fun. I hate paying for daycare.

NOW THE FUN STUFF –AKA SPENDING MONEY ON CRAP WE DON’T NEED BUT I WANT!!!

I would like a new stove. I hate our stove, its electric, and ugly and I want a gas stove which isn’t ugly and crappy and old, and which has a nice clean everything and matches my fridge. Estimated cost $300-$400 give or take…either way, a good investment.

Scrapbooking stuff—I would easily be able to blow the whole wad on scrapbooking stuff—lets move on.

Books-I would also easily be able to blow the whole wad on books.

Paying towards the credit card bill this month (various groceries etc…) but I am not sure if you can take the credit card prepays and pay the credit card?? And generally most of the CC bill is for daycare (see above).

I would also like if we could pay someone to fix our freaking bathroom, get the wallpaper off and re drywall the walls….

Most likely I think I should be responsible with ½ of the cash and pay something boring and not fun….and then go crazy with the rest…which is not very responsible of me, but I guess with your bonus money, its not money you would have had anyways…you should get to do something fun with it—right?

Mail me!