Monday, February 13, 2006

this weekend...craptacular

A lousy weekend, which only got worse come Monday morning…

The kids (the girls) now refuse all suggestion of naps on the weekends. If you try to nap them, they go crazy like monkey’s in the room, throw toys and blankets everywhere and get insane which causes more stress than its is worth. So we had a very trying weekend.

Friday I worked a ½ day since I worked Saturday AM (also known as “a complete waste of time”). I went to Penney’s to pick up pictures, found out they weren’t in yet and shopped their sales. I got about 300$ worth of stuff for $88.00 including 5 bras for about 3 bucks each, kick ass! And new soft sweats before I had to pick up Mya and Owen for the Dr. appt in Oconomowoc.

The good news was that Mya and Owen have normal (although Owen’s are a bit big) adnoids. So we don’t have to have surgery….Mya may just have an abnormal speech thing, if she doesn’t grow out of it, she made need speech therapy. Owen, since he is Mr. Ear Infection, doesn’t HAVE to get his adnoids removed, but it may (80%) help him get rid of colds and the ear infections faster/or prevent them since (from what I remember) this is where the infection likes to “live.”

So she sent Dale and I home with a card to “think” about the surgery for Owen. Dale decided (yesterday) we should “wait and see.” This morning Owen woke up with a nice green crusty right ear. This means he has yet another ear infection-It also explains why he was screaming his head off last night when we put him down to bed..(generally he doesn’t even make a sound) and didn’t stop till I doped him with Tylenol.

Friday night (back to the chronological order of my crappy weekend)-the kids went to daycare for Parents Night Out till 9pm. They seemed to have fun. I went to my Twins Club meeting-left early and did the taxes with Dale (I guess we are getting about 3k back total….much less than last year, but I didn’t have a large lump sum settlement appear on my doorstep from a previous employer this year-darn).

Saturday-took the kids to the mall in the afternoon to pick up pictures (will post a few here) and had lunch/snack. Saturday afternoon they were insane crazy which resulted in Dale taking away many toys and hiding them. We did however watch “Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Ware-rabbit,” the girls really liked that!

Sunday it was snowy and cold and once again the kids insane due to no sleep and the fact they all have colds. About 1pm we gave up and tossed their screaming, miserable, cranky selves into the car for a drive. Malinda was asleep before we turned the corner, then Mya, then Owen…we drove to East Troy (simply because I knew it’s a good 40 min there, and 40 min back)…stopped back in Waukesha @ Culvers for a snack and went home.

Played 2 hours of Diablo II with Dale last night and also watched “March of the Penguins” during laundry time. This could easily be the most depressing movie I have ever seen. These freaking birds stand around in -80 weather, having not eaten for 180 days, with an egg on their feet-they walk 70 miles to get to the point where they stand around freezing and starving. Freaking crazy.

Today is Yoga and I am being honest, I am burned out on Yoga. Today is the 1st day in a year where I can say, I don’t want to go to Yoga and I don’t care that I paid 50 bucks to take the class, I just am not really interested right now-I’d rather just go work out. I don’t think I will be taking it next session.
Mail me!