Friday, January 27, 2006

CRAPPY DAYCARE

I am mad at my daycare!!

Yesterday I get home from the gym (around 4:30ish) and there is a message on my cell phone from 4:18pm. Its daycare saying Malinda threw up in the sink a “couple times” and I need to pick her up right away and by the way, she can’t come back to school tomorrow due to flu like symptoms. OK. So I’m running around trying to find someone to watch her tomorrow (my mom), I have no time to make dinner (like I had planned) and I have to worry about a sick kid.

I go into school, pick her up (she looks fine, doesn’t have a fever and isn’t puking) and Mya and Owen-and we head home.

I start asking Malinda questions about her puking-“How many times did you throw up?” “Three times, in the sink!” “Did you eat something that made your tummy hurt?” “Spenser’s mommy brought in pup-cakes and I ate one!”- AH-ha!

As has been well documented here, Malinda eating frosting=Malinda pukes.

I had to tramatise the twins by letting one sleep at our house and one sleep at my moms place, I had to ask her to watch them on her day off, I had to lose a day of daycare because they said I couldn’t bring her back….

Dale was pretty pissed about the whole thing-You can tell he was actually mad as he…..wait for it….called and talked to daycare (if you know Dale at all you know he is very phone phobic, hates to use it, wont even call for his oil change appointment.) and asked basically WTF? The center director (she is new) said, there isn’t a rule about puking=24 out of school. The only rule is if they have a high fever you have to wait 24 hours (unless you have a dr.’s excuse (which I always have when that happens). Then she tells Dale, “Well you can bring her in today if you want.” Ok lady, its 10am, my husband works 45 min away and only works till noon, won’t be back in town till 1pmish, then you want him to drop her off for me to turn around and pick her up 2 hours later??

Then Dale asked about the cupcake issue, and informed her that when Malinda gets frosting, Malinda pukes & why are you giving our kid treats outside of the normal daily posted menu? The center director said she would note on the kids file not to give them treats…WHAT THE HELL?

I said to Dale, so does that mean if Hannah’s mom brings in a 2 ltr bottle of Jolt cola for the kids, if I don’t have it noted on my sheet, the kids get soda?

My biggest thing is that I want to know why I was told not to bring her back today and why I now am short daycare money because I didn’t bring her in, and why since it is their fault (giving my kid treats and telling me not to bring her back) I need to pay for services I am not getting?

I’ll have dale f/u on that Monday.

Work is pretty depressing…people are leaving, they keep firing people for not hitting goals, they change things around with 3 days left in the month, it nets us no money, then they hell at everyone for missing goal.

I don’t want to quit the job after 4 months but the atmosphere is so bad around here it’s like I have no incentive to NOT start looking-again…


Mail me!