Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I had a bad daycare experience yesterday, which was the 1st one I have had. I got there at 4:35ish and Malinda is (as usual) sitting with her teacher crying hysterically. I pick her up and notice her pants leg is a big dirty and well, wet. I thought "maybe she fell outside in the wet?" Hmmmm "She smells poopy" the teacher is "oh, again, i dont think so?" I go to change her and she is literally covered from her waise down INTO HER SOCKS with crap. I am not kidding. She has diper rash all over her butt AND her legs (and you dont get diaper rash from sitting in poo for only a few minutes) and I spend 10 min cleaning her up, changing her clothes and trying to calm her down.

The teachers (who are really young BTW) said "well we were just about to do her 4pm changing" OK its 4:40. I said "when did you change her last?" "oh around 2:15." So her 4pm changing wasnt done when I got there at 4:35...I didnt get her sheet from that day (another long story) and didnt know that she had had 4 poopy diapers and thats it all day. I have a kid covered in shit who is hysterical and I'm trying to not kill everyone in the room.

I dont understand HOW you can have a dripping with crap kid on your lap and not notice that she is dripping with crap. We changed rooms early to "ease the stress" on them and me with the new baby coming but this week has been anything but less stressful.

Plus the girls in there seem pretty dim....I have to ask Kristie who they are....I don't think they are the regular teachers that are always in there, at least I hope not!

I sent a pretty bitchy email to the center director this morning voicing my extreme complaint with yesterday and Monday (dale sd they were so disorganized he got no sheets, they couldnt find the kids coats and no one helped him out to the car with the kids) and asking that she do something....
Mail me!