Saturday, February 10, 2007

the arms race...

So the theme tonite is the cold war...and who do ya like America or Russia...I am finding myself in the position of being Switzerland and being neutral...I am Sweden, Paraguay,
Lichtenstein, Monaco, Andorra. I am Turkey, Nepal, Afghanistan, Yemen, Bhutan, Spain, Portugal, Ireland..who the hell wants to be Bhutan? It hard being neutral because generally in a war, everyone wants you to, needs to you, take a side. It is pretty much validation for the "right" ness of their position, regardless of reality.

It's hard to be a neutral party because you want to please everyone and end up pleasing no one. In the wars it's always the neutral party that gets fuck-ee-fuckeed...Look at WWII, we bomb Japan and Germany back to the stone age and now we love 'um, we help rebuild their countries, we make them into leading superpowers....Switzerland is a big ass joke, a punchline...I need to be Iceland..

Anyways tonites post only resonates with two people...I am sending a shout out to my two pals who are having 99 problems (thanks Jay-Z) and quite possibly the worst night on record. Im trying to be supportive and helpful to both sides and after all that I have this sinking suspicion that I may have made it worse by trying to make it better, that I may end up being the scapegoat somehow and losing 1 or both friends, and thus the misery transferrence would be complete.

Plus its equally as hard when you are trying to help via IM'ing. I find my sarcasm doesnt translate well via type...I mean, shit , you dont want a "of course you should toss him off the Tallahatchee Bridge" to be taken seriously do ya? Cripes. I find that I am now gonna have problems sleeping because my brain is going to 11. Call, me if you need me you guys.
Mail me!