Tuesday, January 30, 2007

ego boost

News of the happy: I am beyond happy with Ryan’s forceful maneuver to coerce me into Myspace. (joke). I added all the high schools in my city for my graduation year (plus Dale’s cause what the heck). I occasionally troll for people I went to high school/middle school/elementary school just to see what is up with them. Last night I found a guy I went to high school with, but only for 1 year as after that he transferred to West.So he emails, hey I don’t remember you….which made me email back my “don’t you remember our Latin field trip?”

For those who have not heard my Latin field trip story: Once upon a time the 2 high schools (North and South) decided to have a joint field trip, overnight, to Madison for a Latin conference, or something…I have no idea what we actually did on the trip….I just remember playing Certamin in the Tripp Commons (trust me, it sounded hilarious when this one kid kept saying it over and over….I digress)…Some genius (prob. The 2 teachers Miss Cupertino who was in her late 60s early 70s and had a huge ass mole on her face and a Julius Ceasar hair cut and some other old biddy who was also in her 90s) decided to take a bunch of hormonally charged teens to Madison for the weekend and have them stay in a hotel.

Now the first mistake was giving me and my 2 female roommates Allison and Susan a room with AN ADJOINING DOOR to the room occupied by 3 boys, 1 of which I had a HUGE crush on….Long story short, many girls were sleeping with boys, many girls and boys were passed out on contraband alcohol…and Garret (the guy I have been emailing) helped a bunch of college skiers move their stuff into their rooms and they rewarded him with beer for helping…Giving a 15 year old beer=passed out 15 year old…

anyways, Garret told me in our email chat that he had a huge crush on me in High School…That pretty much made my day right there…also bummed me out in the way that I realized I was way way too into this guy I dated in high school so that I didn’t even notice someone (who I should say was a very big hottie) liked me…But as he said, it should make both our days happier…I also learned that my high school sophomore year Homecoming date is now a Priest! A Priest! As I said to Garret in my email, that’s right up there with finding out after the fact that your high school boyfriend/girlfriend was really gay. I gotta try and find out where he is a priest…I googled for him but he has a pretty common name so I keep getting listings for a musical artist not him….

Today is Great Apple Chinese day, yum Pork fry rice. Also watching The Office (again-it just gets more and more brilliant), and also planning on watching Braveheart (Dale converted it for me last night). He also has 13 episodes of Battlestar to add to the pod for the plane…plus he is redoing Rushmore, Cars, and Royal Tennenbaum’s for me (since the sound didn’t sync up the 1st time we did it.

We leave for the superbowl in 48 hours


Mail me!