Tuesday, January 16, 2007

blah!

Bah today…..

You know I wonder again how hard it is to show up to your job every day and on time. We have someone who works here who starts at 8 am daily. This person has worked here 5-6 yrs and will freely admit that they can not get to work at 8am and have been late every day since they started. Work knows this and has specifically trained/hired people to cover that person’s job until they get to work anywhere from 5-25 min later. How can you NEVER show up for work on time? How can an employer NOT care? Does this boggle your mind?

Last night started the last “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” book. My husband mocking me inwardly for reading “chick-lit.” He can bugger off because I would list my “chick-lit” books in my library of 2k+ books to equal possibly 10 books, if that. I think I own all the SOTTP books and maybe a copy of The Devil Wears Prada and I am sure I own Legally Blonde, somewhere…maybe? I am still on my quest to reread all 90+ Nero’ Wolfe’s, plus I need to replace my copy of Gambit because it is in poor condition, but considering it’s the 1948 ed., its not half bad, just crumbly.

Music stuck in my heavy i-pod rotation: Regina Spektor, specifically Hotel Song and Fidelity…she reminds me of a young Tori Amos….Miss Saigon: Original London Recording, a few songs keep getting stuck in my head which necessitates me listening to the whole score, Lea Salonga kills me….I’m also listening to the soundtrack to “The Cider House Rules” a lot. Two reasons, it’s a wonderfully quiet and gentle score…the whole thing is akin to wrapping up in a comfy blanket and crashing asleep, plus it reminds me that it’s about that time of the year where I need to re-read The Cider House Rules and more importantly “A Prayer for Owen Meany.”

I am also gonna cop to buying a copy of Elton John’s “Mona Lisa and Mad Hatters” simply because of that damn Snicker’s bar commercial-it gave me an ear worm…

I’m desperately trying to find a copy of Chris Rock doing “No Sex (In The Champaign Room)” from Bigger and Blacker…its not on I-tunes or on Limewire…you can find the video on Youtube, but that doesn’t help me when I want to rock out with that + Everybody’s Free (to wear sunscreen) when I’m in the car now does it??/


Mail me!