Saturday, August 19, 2006


BUNNIES!I was mowing the lawn this morning when I ran over some "fuzzy" grass...in side i just see a tiny ear and a big eye...i shreek like a baby and run in for dale yelling "ive killed a bunny you need to go clean it up and finish the lawn!

Turns out I didnt kill or hurt anything...Dale said 'they are in here just looking at me or sleeping" and finished mowing the lawn...

I panic a bit and call Ryan (my naturalist savior) and the Wildlife rescue org..both said the same thing pretty much...If they arent bleeding or hurt just cover them back up and the mom will come back tonite and feed them...

Dale took this picture said there are 7 bunnies in the hole, unless he miscounted and one is down way deep...Arg...as much as I dont want rabbits breeding in our yard, I also don't want them to die by chucking them out of the hole...

We put our small swingset over the warren so that no predators can see them from above....although If I see any Owls, Ill let Ryan know...

WE just have way too much wildlife in my backyard... Posted by Picasa