Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I had no time to post over the weekend. On friday we grilled out Italians and ate outside while my parents played with the girls. My Raspberry bushes have gone insane and are threatening to take over the yard. We also need a new lawnmower as the $25.00 wondermower has died. I'm putting 'er out on the curb this Friday for the trashman.

Saturday crap what did we do? Oh yeah, we took the kids to their 1st July 4th parade in Waukesha. This is, of course, the lamest parade for anyone over the age of 5. The 4th parade is the "kids" parade, the highlight of which is about 500 kids who decorated their bikes (read red white blue streamers) get to ride and wave. My dad also marches with the Park Band. The only reason he marches is because everyone who marches in the parade gets free ice cream bars at the end.

We also got free bars since we were sitting with the Fleishmans (they bought our old house and always help hand out the ice cream so we always get ice cream.) The girls enjoyed listening to grandpa's band play (they did not enjoy the 45 year old guys on a float playing Matchbox 20 cover songs-neither did mommy). Mya was being held by Scott Fleishman (hes about oh I dunno 300+ lbs of Marine) and decided she liked him enough to fall asleep on.

We went to Mack's for 2-4-1 Cheezeburgers with my parents and then went home. I also think we hit Sams Club Sat Night.... All I know is for the past 3 days, Malinda doesnt want to sleep. She wakes up about an hour after we put her down and cries. She has been up till like 11 for the past 3 nights. She wakes up with these terrified screams.

Of course, last night (you know the night we can't sleep in the next AM) she slept like a baby (haha).

Sunday (Happy 4th) I felt like shit so I attempted to not move all day. I watched the Nathan's Hot Dog Contest on TV and puked watching that Japaneese guy eat 53 1/2 hot dogs in 12 min.

Monday we took the kids to Denny's for breakfast and had Goldfish Crackers and Mashed Potatoes off the kids menu-whoo hoo.

Dale and I also played innumerable games of Chrononauts and Pirates of the Spanish main over the weekend. (Thanks to Mall Dull for the 411 on Chrononauts, way way fun game). This week I have an Ultrasound for the baby on Thurs, Blood tests, mediation on Thursday afternoon and a meeting with my atty on Wed night. Fun and Joy.
Mail me!