Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My Visit to The Chiropractor

Generally I think all chiropractors are quacks since they aren't "real" doctors. But after Yoga Monday I talked to Trish to convinced me to go see her "dr" Amy Kolman. Amy took an x-ray of my back and found out a few things

1. My spine curves in a "C" shape to the right, your spine should be straigh up and down

2. One of my legs is longer than the other (this I already knew)

3. My hips are a mess (this is why I went to see her), your hips should look like your hands. If you take your hands hold them out in front of you and put your thumbs touching and hands (fingers) splayed out and then curved down like you are holding a basketball that should be your hips. My left hip instead of being like it should be is "up" and out which I guess is making my right side way over compensate for my left being a mess.

I had her adjust my hip which was her basically pushing it back where it should be (sort of didnt hurt, but sort of was uncomfortable) and telling me that I should hit the Gym (which I was planning on doing) and walk on the treadmill (no Yoga or lifting for a few days) with LONGer strides to sort of "teach" my hip to go back where it should be.

I also have a compression of my L5 (The last "joint" of your spine right before your tailbone, but its not really that bad and should fix itself if I can fix my hips.

I signed up for the summer challenge at Westwood (and Shannon, so should you, its a good way to keep motivated and win crap from Westwood!) and did my walking....after about 15 min on the treadmill, i thought I was going to die. My whole left side was a mess. I then just did some stretching on the ball to try and make my back fell better (not working!)

Went home and collapsed on an ice pack for 30 min, made dinner (pizza), more ice packing.

Scrapbooked for 30 min or so, cleaned the kitchen with Dale, more ice packingness, read a book, watched a bit of TV, fed Owen and went to bed.

Today no Westwood as I have to go shopping, Tomorrow another adjustment appt., will hit westwood....

Friday, no big plans, my Twins meeting is at 6:30, Saturday, no idea, may hit the mall quick with Erin, Sunday is our trip to the outlet mall.
Mail me!