Friday, June 17, 2005

almost became a pirate

As you may or may not know Ive beenin the hospital since monday with a massive blood clot in my left leg and apparantly I almost lost the leg (thus the pirate quip above). I am working on walking now, and if you would like to know how having a massive blood clot feels, I would rather go through labor again, for a month straight than feel this kind of pain again. I had a purple leg that was swollen to 3 times its regular size, i had 4 or 5 (dont ask me i was doped to the gills) cathetrizations to break up the clots, I have PIC line surgically implanted in my right arm, i threw up my cream of wheat this morning, i threw out the PT, got some pants from hot nurse rachel (last nights hot blonde nurse was wendy), and dragged my ass down 2 floors to the NICU computer room. im not dying yet, no idea when i will be home. send flowers.
Mail me!