Monday, June 14, 2004

This is what we did this weekend: On Friday I had my Twins Club meeting, afterwards, Gretchen, Barb, Terri, Erin, and this other lady who used to be in the club but isnt now and I forget her name, went to Gretchen's Uncle's coffee shop (downtown Milwaukee, next to Hannon's) to chat. Remind me never to bring up religion in mixed company that I don't know well.

The lady whos name i dont know (here after referred as "lady") has 5 kids (in 5 years) and her husband was going to be ordained but wasnt and so is now just a deacon or whatever at the lutheran church they go to. We got around to discussing baptism and how we just got our kids done to please our parents etc... The lady apparantly is very devout about her faith and went into this whole "why did you baptise your kids if you dont believe etc.." riff. I also got the "well do you believe in god" riff.

I didnt bring it up because I could tell she was getting really pissed but my main problem with organized religion is that YOU (meaning the not me) have to be "right" about your (insert religion name here) faith. YOU then need to browbeat, argue, pamphlet ME showing me how right YOU are.

Arg.

I got home around 11 and crashed.

Saturday we took the girls to the zoo for a twins outting and didnt run into anyone but it was fun for 2 hours or so, the girls liked the monkeys as they came right up to the window to watch the girls.

Sunday my parents took the girls all afternoon to graduation parties. We went to the Home Depot for supplies and managed to sand and paint the new wall, take the stickers off the new door, scrape more wallpaper off the bathroom, go to the store and get home to kids who hadnt eaten since 11am (it was now like 4:30) except for fruit at the parties..we gave the girls a bath (Malinda has a bad diaper rash) and they were out for the night by 6pmish.

Mya kept waking up and wanting to be cuddled, get a bottle etc...Malinda slept straight through till her new wake up time (thanks kid) 4:15am. I am a zombie today.
Mail me!