Sunday, December 30, 2007

taking stock

for non agressivly guilting me into reflecting on this year..

I dont know if i can do a month by month recap of 2007 like andrea, or be as verbose as my main man ryan, but here goes

In January Dale won the trip to the Colts vs. Bears superbowl in Miami Fl

Mya made the front page of the local paper (the freeman) and by front page I mean THE WHOLE page (over the folds)


February 2007 brought my five year wedding anniversary with Dale (02/02/02), we had always planned on doing Vegas (since we have never been), but we went to the superbowl instead...

I guess its the theme of the year for me "plans change."

That being said, I think the last 5 (almost 6 years) years of being Mrs. Dale Baumer have been more happy than they have been sad, and I am very thankful for Dale and for the kids his sperm has wroght. I am also sad that we don't get to see this guy as much as we want to. But once Owen potty trains himself, we are going to texas to have him meet his "fairy" godfather.

Feb also brought Dale and I to DC to watch Bryce get married for the 2nd time (also in Feb (again)) to a MUCH better lady, Carla.

bryce is my oldest friend. we rarely talk, we rarely see each other, but when we do meet up we are like peas and carrots again and its like no time has passed. Plus dale and I had our first visit to DC. DC is pretty cool, cold, but cool


Spring was kind of a blur, I'm sorry that I can't think of much that happened (to me anyways) I know I had some long phone calls with people down in Atlanta and at least one memorable dinner with this lady:
in which i totally forgot to pay and then was really embarassed afterwards. But I think I made it up to her by buying at the Chancery (home of the best Bloody Me's ever. mmmmm bloody me's.....) Somehow I am the queen of being friends with my friends Ex's....Vanessa (ex of Matt and now our son's godmother, Renee LONG ago Ex of Mark, she was in our wedding, and Andrea Ex of Ryan who is my best friend and I like her pretty much too)....

Summer brought a visit from this guy

no wait, thats not ryan, those are turkeys, my bad!

here he is, Ryan or as I like to call him in my brain when I think of him: my brother by another mother as I am his sister by another mister, my long lost twin, yin to my yang, best friend, soul mate (in a totally non sexualized way) and all around good guy (when he is not an asshole) and the best toy my kids could have (or jokingly , the mostly mexican version of "The Toy") Mr. Bear:

Please come visit soon, my couch and or floor is always open for you.

Summer also brought gifts from Mike in Japan


it took us up to Door County for a yearly family reunion and the girls turned 4 (holy crap, 4...)



we went to endless (and winning even!) Brewers games
and fairs (sometimes with ryan, sometimes not)


and then something interesting happened.
I got bangs!

no i'm kidding (well i did get bangs, but its not really interesting)


I lost my job. It was shocking, but not unexpected since I really hated working there from day one (actually from 45 minutes on day one), but I did have some good things happen there, I met my best friend, I have met other good friends (sally sue, carrie, nate, 'MoTom) and my experiences there (and the experience) helped me land my new job @ smith barney. This may be the best job I have had in years (since GE). I missed corporate (big) america.

Dale also got a new job (we started our new ones on the same day) and he loves it and they love him. I think my job loves me...I have nice bosses, a window, a big big desk and benefits to kill for (*please dont kill me)


this fall also my cousin matt married Kate. The girls were flower girls

they spent most of the night before throwing up or pooping all over the hotel room. I don't think ive ever spent a more miserable 24 hours. but kate is beautiful and wonderful and I am happy she is in our family!

the girls are too (even if they love paul more)
(you cant tell it here, but I'm exausted, stressed, about to collapse from exaustion and overwhelmed)


the girls did well, didnt puke on kate and had fun after the ceremony


fall passed into winter and winter in wisconsin means this crap

38 inches and counting of this crap.

i turned 31. dale turned 33.
dale's grandmother ginny passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly. she was 85, lived at her own home alone till the moment she died and was a wonderful and giving person. we are now down to one grandparent left...thankfully it seems grandma dorothy is doing OK....

then we moved to the end of the line..
december means christmas and christmas means family

it also means (and ryan I think your gift is lost in the mail...freaking post office)
my son.

owen turns 3 tomrorow. this time 3 years ago I was mentally committing myself to getting this baby out of me in time for my tax deduction.....Owen was born at 12:17am on 12-31-04. I am nothing, if not, committed to getting what I want when I want it.

I'm thankful for all the friends I have, all the old friends I now have reconnected with, and the family.

I have no goals or resolutions for 2008, I hope the coming year passes safely and quietly. The girls start school, I hope owen potty trains, I want to visit ATL and DAL.

I hope your new years eve is wonderful and fun. I'll be at chuck e cheese celebrating and eating pizza.

Mail me!