Monday, September 10, 2007

dale's interesting morning

I got accosted by some deranged elderly guy this morning at Pick N Save. I pulled up to the stop light to make a right turn into the parking lot. There was a car coming from my left with its left turn signal on. So I pull in, and this other car doesn’t turn and ends up behind me. There was no near collision or anything, he was going pretty slow through the intersection. I pull into a spot, and he also pulls in. By the time I make it into the store, he’s still messing around trying to park. He’s in this little white junker that sounds like it has a massive untuned diesel in it. I go into Pick N Save, grab a muffin, and head over to the bulk stuff for my afternoon snacks. This little, old man comes up to me and starts screaming at me. Since I’ve got at least 8”, 60lbs, and 30yrs on this guy, I start firing back. He’s hollering that it is illegal to make a right turn on red when there are other cars at the intersection. He claims to be the best driver in the world and he’s never been in an accident (which surprises me because he’s driving with his lights off, with his blinker on, in a car that obviously has been beaten to death), he’s almost frothing at the mouth. I see one of the produce people looking over at me and mouthing “Ignore him.” I take the hint, tell him I’m finished with him and continue my business. This really sets him off and he doesn’t quit until I walk away to grab a yogurt. When I come back, the produce lady and the cashier tell me this guy comes in all the time and is abusive to everybody. In fact, he didn’t even buy anything, so I’m thinking maybe he was going to turn left and decided instead to come after me because I made a right turn. And just a hint for old people, don’t think you can push around someone with two 4 year olds and a 2 year old. I can go from 0-150 dB in a split second and elderly logic is very similar to that of a 4 year old.
Mail me!